Supply chain risk prioritisation using a hybrid AHP and PROMETHEE approach
August 2, 2012 Editor 0
Supply chain is a network of facilities designed to procure, produce, and distribute goods to customers at right quantities, to the right locations and at the right time. Supply chain studies are focused for improving the operational efficiency through cost reduction. In recent years, supply chains have become increasingly vulnerable to risks resulting in poor financial performance and customer service.
Managing the supply chain risks is a challenging task. Resilience and responsiveness-based strategies are being attempted to build a robust supply chain. To select and evaluate the appropriate mitigation strategies, supply chain risks are to be prioritised. Supply chain risk prioritisation is a multi criteria decision making (MCDM) problem.
Developing the MCDM models for supply chain risk prioritisation need attention. In this research a hybrid analytic hierarch process (AHP) and preference ranking organisation method for enrichment evaluation (PROMETHEE) approach is proposed for supply chain risk prioritisation. A case example of a typical plastic industry is presented to illustrate the performance of the proposed approach.
Go to Source
- Structuring and quantifying the value contribution of supply chain initiatives
- Collaborative supply chain: a conceptual model for operationalisation
- A cooperative options-based strategy for coordinating supply chain and resource allocation decisions
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
- The emergence of value chain thinking
- The generation of common purpose in innovation partnerships: A design perspective
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019