Supply chain risk prioritisation using a hybrid AHP and PROMETHEE approach
August 2, 2012 Editor 0
Supply chain is a network of facilities designed to procure, produce, and distribute goods to customers at right quantities, to the right locations and at the right time. Supply chain studies are focused for improving the operational efficiency through cost reduction. In recent years, supply chains have become increasingly vulnerable to risks resulting in poor financial performance and customer service.
Managing the supply chain risks is a challenging task. Resilience and responsiveness-based strategies are being attempted to build a robust supply chain. To select and evaluate the appropriate mitigation strategies, supply chain risks are to be prioritised. Supply chain risk prioritisation is a multi criteria decision making (MCDM) problem.
Developing the MCDM models for supply chain risk prioritisation need attention. In this research a hybrid analytic hierarch process (AHP) and preference ranking organisation method for enrichment evaluation (PROMETHEE) approach is proposed for supply chain risk prioritisation. A case example of a typical plastic industry is presented to illustrate the performance of the proposed approach.
Go to Source
- Visa payments coming to Orange Money customers starting with Botswana
- Similarities, challenges and opportunities of Wikipedia content and open source projects
- On informality and productivity of micro and small enterprises: evidence from MENA countries
- Winning Streak: Sub-Saharan Africa Leads the Way in Doing Business Reforms
- What Should We Do About the eWaste in ICT4D?
- Demand information sharing in supply chains: the impact of lead-time and inventory to backorder cost ratio
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021