Promoting innovation in agile methods: two case studies in interactive installation’s development
August 2, 2012 Editor 0
Software design and development has evolved significantly since the era of waterfall cycles. The agile movement gained momentum and is now one of the most popular ways of creating and delivery software. We argue that agile methods can be particularly effective when designing and developing interactive installations, as long as the agile methods are correctly tailored to this application domain. Based on significant experience, which was built upon ethnographic observation and participation in about a dozen industrial projects related to interactive installations’ design and development, we present agile strategies which proved effective when dealing with the industry’s typical tight production schedules, and we also provide the data from two case studies, discussions and conclusions. Using real world case studies such as these, researchers can obtain more insight into best practices that could be useful for promoting innovation during the agile process.
Go to Source
- Promoting communities of innovation: Do industrial policies matter?
- A review of the Getting Real software development approach
- South African government proudly showcases infoDev Climate Innovation Center (CIC) at COP-17 in Durban
- Business Model Innovation: Path to Greatness
- Appropriability: a key to opening innovation internationally?
- Smart regions: two cases of crowdsourcing for regional development
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021