Facts, trends and challenges in modern software development
August 1, 2012 Editor 0
The IT industry is not new to change and evolution, however, we are now in an era of two fundamental waves of IT changes. First, the post-PC era, where mobile devices and tablet-like devices are giving end-users the ability to consume information when they want it and where they want it. Second, the post-server era where companies no longer need to neither buy nor provision servers in their own data centres but instead rent the computer resources as needed. This twin change has direct consequences to how end-users consume software, how that software is produced, and how it is delivered.
Go to Source
Software product innovation in agile usability teams: an analytical framework of social capital, network governance, and usability knowledge management Are WiFi-only tablets and mobile devices impractical in hotspot-starved African countries?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021