Facts, trends and challenges in modern software development
August 1, 2012 Editor 0
The IT industry is not new to change and evolution, however, we are now in an era of two fundamental waves of IT changes. First, the post-PC era, where mobile devices and tablet-like devices are giving end-users the ability to consume information when they want it and where they want it. Second, the post-server era where companies no longer need to neither buy nor provision servers in their own data centres but instead rent the computer resources as needed. This twin change has direct consequences to how end-users consume software, how that software is produced, and how it is delivered.
Go to Source
Software product innovation in agile usability teams: an analytical framework of social capital, network governance, and usability knowledge management Are WiFi-only tablets and mobile devices impractical in hotspot-starved African countries?
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018