The role of organisational climate factors in facilitating workplace innovation
July 21, 2012 Editor 0
A firm’s ability to be adaptable, entrepreneurial and innovative may assist them to maintain, or achieve competitive advantage. We investigated the relationship between organisational climate and innovation in a consulting firm. Analyses of the 98 returned surveys showed significant relationships between organisational climate subscales of autonomy, worker cohesion and innovation with workplace innovation. Co-worker cohesion and pressure (negatively) predicted organisational innovation. Autonomy, innovation, cohesion and recognition predicted innovation climate. Autonomy and innovation predicted individual innovation while cohesion predicted team innovation. The results of the linear regressions revealed that organisational innovation, was the most significant model emerging, accounting for 40% of the variance. The study concluded that organisational strategies encouraging autonomy and co-worker cohesion were conducive to workplace innovation.
Go to Source
- Africa: African Professors Tout Investment in Technology
- Five Common Strategy Mistakes
- Chemists work to desalt the ocean for drinking water, 1 nanoliter at a time
- Competitive Cities: Kigali, Rwanda – governance, growth and gorillas
- From wastewater to biogas and clean water: How a project consortium is contributing to climate change mitigation through agro-industrial waste water recycling.
- 4 Best Practices for Responsible Data in Agriculture
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021