Service innovation activities in e-government initiatives: the Taiwan experience
July 21, 2012 Editor 0
Publishers note(FSG) Its from Taiwan, but nonetheless holds important lessons for African governments implementing e-government initiatives.
Information and communication technologies (ICT), particularly the internet, can be leveraged to enhance the offerings of e-government initiatives beyond simply providing access to information and services. The adoption of ICT could foster changes in the service concept, delivery system, and client interface of e-government initiatives.
There has been relatively little in-depth research about how the internet enables service innovation in the e-government context. The purpose of this study is to explore the innovation activities of e-government initiatives with respect to how two archetypical website structures provide new benefits for citizens/businesses, in the form of either integrated information platforms or full online transactions.
In this qualitative study, five projects (2002-2009) from e-government initiatives in Taiwan were analysed. We propose a framework to address the adoption of technologies for innovation activities, particularly MMK-style/PSP-style website structure. The findings show that the application of the framework, regarding the use of the internet, by a government currently employing e-government services is suitable.
Go to Source
- Botswana’s new e-Gov plan expected to improve service delivery
- How to Use Technology for Citizen Participation
- 5 Examples of Sustainable Public Internet Access Programs
- How New Technologies Can Make Every Voice Count in Government Activities
- Government efforts, Spillover effect and the Kenya Tech Ecosystem
- 14 big trends to watch in 2013
Categories: Public Sector
Combining open innovation with corporate venturing: a case of how to balance incremental and radical innovation Strategy, market orientation and entrepreneurship: proposition and test of rival business performance prediction models
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019