Knowledge Management Fishbone: A Standard Framework of Organizational Enablers
July 21, 2012 Editor 0
Purpose – The main purpose of this study is to craft and test a framework for the link between knowledge management (KM) and performance in organizations, with a view of providing a deeper understanding of the different KM output levels or stages that this link goes through, as well as highlighting the organizational context of each level in that link.
Design/methodology/approach – A survey method has been used to elicit opinions from 167 mid and top level managers from the top 81 Bahraini businesses.
Findings – The study results produced a fishbone model. Its spine positioned ‘knowledge management activities’ as the first output level, leading to ‘innovation’ as the second, which in turn impacts the organization’s level of ‘agility’, and finally links to ‘performance’ as the head of that skeletal model.
Research limitations/implications – The results highlighted the different organizational enablers for these stages, which have been diagramed as the ribs of the fish skeleton-like model.
Originality/value – The framework may become a standard model, i.e. may work as a reference for academics and practitioners to help evaluate which KM level needs to be emphasized, at what time, and then what critical factors managers should work on, in order to maximize the organization’s outcome from each stage of the model.
Go to Source
- IT-Based Knowledge Capability and Commercialization of Innovations
- Effective healthcare management in India – the role of knowledge management
- Management of knowledge creation and sharing to create virtual knowledge-sharing communities: a tracking study
- The interaction effect of organizational practices and employee values on knowledge management (KM) success
- The place of communities of practice in knowledge management studies: a critical review
- An approach to filling firms’ knowledge gaps based on organisational knowledge structure
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020
- SME Innovation: 10 Priorities for Support Post-COVID-19 July 7, 2020