Combining open innovation with corporate venturing: a case of how to balance incremental and radical innovation
July 21, 2012 Editor 0
By combining existing research on open innovation and corporate venturing, this article explores methods by which a firm can organise open innovation activities in a comprehensive innovation setup. This setup concurrently manages to create and sustain incremental and radical innovative efforts for developing its business.
Discussions draw on findings from a qualitative case study of the Danish industrial firm Danfoss Group. Findings reveal that employment of inbound, outbound, and coupled open innovation processes vary between the firm’s divisions and incubator as the innovation purposes and strategies of these correspond to different open innovation processes.
Further, the incorporation of open innovation processes into Danfoss’ comprehensive innovation setup highlights that these not only take form in relation to external partners but also between units of the firm, thus the notion of intra and inter open innovation processes is introduced.
Go to Source
- Why India’s $35 Aakash Android Tablet is an EduTech Red Herring for ICT Deployments in Education
- mWASH: Mobile Phone Applications for the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Sector
- MIT Campaign for a Better World ends FY16 with $2.9 billion
- Mercy Corps’ Agri-Fin Mobile program goes live in Indonesia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe
- Kenya: Internet Currency Helps Kenya Build Water Wells
- The changing face of entrepreneurship
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021