Google launch SMS version of Gmail in Africa
July 19, 2012 Editor 0
Google has launched a text message-based version of its email service targeted at users in Africa.
Gmail SMS can run on so-called “dumb phones” which only have very basic features and no access to the internet.
The service has so far been made available in Ghana, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Android, then Project Loon, and now Project Ara: Google’s big ideas to connect the next 6 billion
- Google’s ‘chosen few’ students to map out African campuses
- Biofuel: Africa’s new oil?
- More than a trend: Africa is becoming better by the year at reforming its business environment
- Next generation of Africa’s agricultural researchers RISING
- Prioritizing climate-smart livestock interventions in Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020