Spintronic OLEDs could be brighter and more efficient
July 18, 2012 Editor 0
Publishers note: (FSG): OLED is widely being considered as the next generation of environmentally friendly lighting technology and has more advantages over the conventional display technologies. OLEDs also use much less power, are easier to produce, and can be manufactured in large sizes and surface areas. According to the ICON international group report, the largest portion of the OLED market (35.91%) in 2010 went to Africa, Europe & the Middle East.
Organic light-emitting diodes that use the principles of ‘spintronics’ could be brighter, cheaper and more efficient than standard OLEDs, according to a US team investigating the idea.
Go to Source
- Improved agricultural technologies for improved livelihoods in Tanzania
- Need speed for big data? Think in-memory data management
- Is Africa ready for Artificial Intelligence?
- Two crucial questions for the smart grid
- Why don’t more NGOs use the ‘making markets work for the poor’ approach? 5 questions for Emma Proud
- Analytics Spur Competitive Advantage and Bottom-up Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020