Mobile phone access reaches three quarters of world population
July 18, 2012 Editor 0
With over 6 billion mobile subscriptions in use worldwide, up from fewer than 1 billion in 2000, three out of every four human beings worldwide now have access to a mobile phone, says a flagship report on global mobile trends released today by infoDev and the World Bank.
Go to Source
- Crowdfunding for Development: Recommendations Vs. Reality
- Accept the Smartphone Reality in Development. Everyone Else Has
- Is Facebook Zero the Future of Public Internet Access?
- Bringing Internet to the World’s Villages
- 5 Reasons Why Public Access Matters in the Age of Private Mobile Devices
- The Technology of Nonviolence: How cellphones and crowdsourcing are saving lives and livelihoods
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020