The Context of Innovation Journeys
July 16, 2012 Editor 0
While the innovation literature offers many insights about the dynamics of innovations and to some extent their embedding in society, the contexts in which this happens are often treated as specific and/or contingent. After a brief theoretical discussion of co-evolutionary and actor-network theories, I show that there are general patterns (‘layers’) in the context, in particular, niches, regimes and socio-technical landscapes. A new ‘layer’ of institutionalized anticipatory co-ordination is emerging, stimulated by the challenge of handling emerging technologies like nanotechnology. The analysis in terms of ‘layers’ raises questions about what the scope of agency can be.
- The impact of OFDI on firm innovation in an emerging country
- To foster innovation, let a hundred flowers bloom?
- Can China be an innovation powerhouse?
- Innovation’s New World Order
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Are you an Innovator /entrepreneur? Do you want to inspire others?
Tags: actor-network, co-evolutionary, context, Innovation
A Firm-Level Analysis on the Relative Difference between Technology-Driven and Market-Driven Disruptive Business Model Innovations Towards Systematic Business Model Innovation: Lessons from Product Innovation Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 807 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 726 views