Savannah Fund Information Session
July 15, 2012 Editor 0
Savannah Fund launched at Pivot East in June, a $10M fund dedicated to early stage technology entrepreneurs in the mobile and web space with backing from Silicon Valley and local participation.
They will be having an Information Session on the 18th of July from 6pm at the iHub. In this session the Managing Partner, Mbwana Alliy, will go over the objectives of the fund and the type of entrepreneurs and companies we expect to back and believe would be a good fit. Specifics topics covered:
- Overview of the accelerator, with the first class now open and expected to start in September and what to expect from the 3 month program
- What we look for in applicants of the accelerator and how do you know whether you should apply or not?
- What to expect during the interview process. Yes, we even have a coding test… (we are serious)
- How will the mentoring process work and what you can expect to get out of the program.
- How do we treat applications to the accelerator. Confidentiality, NDAs, assurances etc.
- Are we an angel fund or VC? What is the difference?
- What sort of companies we look for that are funded outside the accelerator
- Criteria for follow on funding for graduates of the accelerator.
- What kind of terms of investment can one expect from the Savannah Fund
- Aspects of your company you should have in order and resources to help you… E.g. Do you know how to set up a capitalization table? How to think about valuation? What is convertible debt?
- How Savannah Fund can add value to your company as an investor and partner.
Finally, we will take any questions from participants.
A video of the session will also be taken to be posted online for those who can’t make it.
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018