Replicating M-Pesa: Mobile and Cloud Technology Spur Innovation in Financial Inclusion
July 15, 2012 Editor 0
Mobile technology and cloud computing are opening doors for low-income individuals and rural communities to financial services. High transaction costs and poor infrastructure have traditionally kept formal banks from serving the BoP. Today, firms like M-Pesaand Ekgaon are paving the way for affordable banking products tailored to the needs of the BoP.
- Movirtu’s Plan for 4 Million ‘Cloud Phone’ Users by 2013
- How Can We Make Cloud Solutions Relevant in the Offline World?
- Time to let loose? Why lawmakers should ease up on mobile banking rules
- Why a unified database of mobile users could mean an economic boom in Africa
- Are Lasers the Key to Cheap, Cloud-Based Internet?
- How a Mobile Airtime Vendor Became Zimbabwe’s Fastest-Growing Bank
Categories: Next Billion
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018