Help Change How Businesses Are Built: Looking for Tech Co-Founder and Senior RoR Dev
July 14, 2012 Editor 0
My aspiration is pretty simple: I want to change the way people design, test, and build strategies and businesses. Part of that journey is about bringing the best conceptual tools out there online and making them so useful, practical and attractive that no business person can resist. To achieve that my team and I are looking for an outstanding tech co-founder and a senior RoR developer. Do you want to join us?
Our track record:
When we created the Business Model Canvas we created a standard setting business concept for anyone to speak “business model”, and we worked directly with Intel, GE, Ericsson, 3M, P&G, and dozens more.
When we published “Business Model Generation” (#bmgen), we created a new breed of visual and practical business books. #bmgen sold 350,000+ copies in 26 languages since 2010.
With the Business Model Toolbox for iPad, we created the first ever tool for individuals to flesh out business ideas. The app combines the smarts of a spreadsheet with the speed of a napkin sketch.
Now, with Strategyzer (alpha version), we’ve created a beautifully designed, easy to use web-platform for teams to build better business models.
You are… (for the senior RoR developer position)
Our Technical Lead for Strategyzer, passionate about what you do everyday and are doing the best work of your career.
You care about technology, how beautiful products are built, and your are helping us bring on more specialized team members as you grow the product to keep up with an enthusiastic customer base.
You work autonomously in a self directed fashion, and collaborate closely with the core Product and UX team. You believe that great code and great design make for a better product.
You have opportunities (but not obligations) to travel globally to retreats and events.
You finish each day pumped about getting started the next day.
Required skills include:
- Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Experience building scalable web-apps
- Pragmatic software design
- Experience with managing webapp development project from design to implementation
Additional Skills Desired:
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Ability to work with front-end team (CSS3, HAML)
- Experience with Enterprise applications
- Some experience with different modern stacks
- Some experience with multiple cloud platforms
- Ability to coach less experienced developers
- Ability to communicate well with non-technical teammates
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and equity participation for a tech co-founder and potential equity participation for RoR developer.
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Toronto preferably, but could be anywhere in the world since we are a globally distributed team already
Work hours: Full-time 100% focus, but super-flexi-hours
Tell us about:
- How you’ve scaled an app to more than 1000 concurrent users
- Working in collaboration (your github profile would be good!)
- What you want to know about how we work
- What involvement you’ve had in building a dev team
- A story that left a mark on your career and thinking
Why work at Business Model Foundry?
- You get to work with a team that’s doing the best work of their career, and will help you to do the same.
- You will turn built up momentum into something amazing for an enthusiastic community.
- You follow the no-asshole rule, and so do we.
Our work culture:
Traditionally, we eat (and drink) a lot. This was traditional Norweigan fare, and it was delicious!
Go to Source
- iPads in Rural Agriculture: Glitz Toys or ICT4Ag Business Tool?
- On Business Models, Prototypes, Love, & Entrepreneurship
- What is a strong e-commerce business model: Yemek Sepeti (Turkey) as a leading example
- 15 Business Models to copy + PDF Download with all cases
- 4 Business model lessons from Istanbul Innovates
- Kill Your Business Model Before It Kills You
Categories: Business Model
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019