Mfarm & Samsung launch M-Farm mobile application
June 7, 2012 Editor 0
Mfarm limited, an award winning software solutions and agribusiness company has announced the partnership with Samsung that has seen them release their mobile application, which is available on both Android and Samsung’s Bada based phones.
The mobile tool allows farmers to receive accurate, real-time crop price information daily, 6 days a week, being sourced from 5 major markets in Kenya: Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret and Kitale. The M-Farm web application gives monthly analysis of the crop prices in different markets, showing the price trends. Therefore, the farmer is able to make informed economic decisions on what to plant when, how to price his produce and where to sell.
The official launch shall be on the 5th of June 2012 at Ole Sereni hotel Nairobi alongside the Pivot East conference. To download, go to the Samsung Apps store on your mobile phone or tablet, go to utility category, search for ‘mfarm’ and get/download mfarm. You must be logged in to Samsung Apps to download. More information about M-farm can be found on the website www.mfarm.co.ke or through their twitter handle @mfarm_ke. For more information on their launch contact them on twitter or on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please RSVP: How Are Community Health Workers Using ICT?
- Africa: AVU to Hold the First International Academic Conference On Open and Distance Learning
- Kenya: New Mobile Service a Boost to Local Farmers
- Developing an ICT Hub model for the rural tech community in Kenya
- Anatomy of Creative Cities: A Case of Nairobi
- Uganda: Kenyan Scientists to Use Maggots to Heal Wounds
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021