Ramesh Sawant: Story of an Entrepreneur’s Journey without the Map1
February 15, 2012 Editor 0
Rameshchandra Wamanrao Sawant is a self-taught entrepreneur, now at the helm of diverse RWS group of companies. Sawant and Misra (the author of this case study) have been friends for over four decades. Over the years, Misra has closely observed Ramesh Sawant’s various ventures: marine products exports, real estate development and tourism island development. This is a narrative of an out-of-the-ordinary entrepreneur who did not come from affluence, family business background or a stereotypically entrepreneurial community. Teachers and students may study this case for discussing the old questions: (1) whether entrepreneurs are born or made (2) leadership style and roles of a first generation entrepreneur and (3) succession planning for entrepreneurs.
- Are you an Innovator /entrepreneur? Do you want to inspire others?
- Initiating nascent entrepreneurial activities
- Striking Gold with Women Entrepreneurs
- Logic alone does not lead to innovation
- Collaborative entrepreneurship and the fostering of entrepreneurialism in developing countries
- Impact of Demographic Factors on Technological Orientations of BOP Entrepreneurs in Ghana
New ‘smart pills’ signal your iPhone — and more from innovative drug company partnerships The influence of the entrepreneur’s background on the behaviour and development of born globals’ internationalisation processes
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021