Design for Social Innovation loves Africa
December 22, 2011 Editor 0
MFA Design for Social Innovation at School of Visual Arts in New York is looking for a diverse cohort of 25 students for its new two year program. And we want a few students from Africa. You can be a designer, or anyone who is a creative, visual thinker looking for deep experience and immersion and a path to a career as a leader in this exciting new field.
Our plan is to obtain funding for a scholarship for the perfect student or two.
To learn more about the program Fast Company called “An MFA for Designers Who Want to Change the World” watch this short film on the program:
The MFA in Design for Social Innovation at the School of Visual Arts is geared toward designers looking for meaningful and engaging work through which they can make a significant contribution to society, as well as for graduates in other disciplines who want to learn to harness the power of design to create positive change and transformation.
Applicants from a variety of backgrounds, experience and interests are encouraged to apply, including fine arts; graphic, new media and product design; technology; business; science; engineering; social science and economics.
What you can do with it
Graduates of the program will be prepared to work in design firms and advertising agencies, in corporations in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), in non-profit organizations, or as social entrepreneurs. They will be skilled in the design of concepts, communities, organizational models, communication, information design, mapping and implementation.
The MFA in Social Innovation curriculum encompasses a broad range of issues including poverty, aging, women’s rights, food and agriculture, racism, environment, working conditions, fair trade, education, community development, justice, service delivery and health.
Areas of Focus:
- Innovation Design
- Communication Design/System Mapping
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Community Engagement, Revitalization
For more information on how to apply for this, click here
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018