Africa’s New Engine
December 7, 2011 Editor 0
Cell phone use has grown faster in Africa than in any other region of the world since 2003….Of course, South Africa—the most developed nation—still has the highest penetration, but across Africa, countries have leapfrogged technology, bringing innovation and connectivity even to remote parts of the continent, opening up mobile banking and changing the way business is done.
- Surprise! Guess Which Country is 2nd for Mobile Money Globally?
- Africa: Student Inventors Win U.S. Funds to Bring Ideas to Market
- Africa: iCreate Announces Regional Hub in Dubai
- A Great Success: World Bank has a 70% failure rate with ICT4D projects to increase universal access
- South African defence industry moves to collaborate at home and abroad to thrive
- France helping South Africa with high-end skills development
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018