Africa’s New Engine
December 7, 2011 Editor 0
Cell phone use has grown faster in Africa than in any other region of the world since 2003….Of course, South Africa—the most developed nation—still has the highest penetration, but across Africa, countries have leapfrogged technology, bringing innovation and connectivity even to remote parts of the continent, opening up mobile banking and changing the way business is done.
- Opportunity to work with one of Africa’s top female entrepreneurs
- Notes from the ‘Capital of Innovation’
- Can Entrepreneurs Be Made?
- What If You Don’t Want to Be a Manager?
- mHealth Alliance and Rockefeller Foundation Honor Leading Mobile Health Innovators of the Year
- Book Review: A firsthand look at Kiva entrepreneurs across the globe
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021