Open Services Innovation
December 5, 2011 Editor 0
In his blog, Irving Wladawsky-Berger discusses some of the issues raised in Henry Chesbrough’s book, Open Services Innovation. He notes that Chesbrough’s key argument for the importance of services innovation is the serious competitive challenge faced by many product companies, which he calls the commodity trap, which is the result of three key business forces: Manufacturing and business process knowledge and insights are widely distributed. It is getting harder for companies to differentiate their products and sustain that differentiation over time. Manufacturing of products is moving to areas of the world with very low costs. The amount of time a product lasts in the market before a new and improved one takes its place is shrinking. As a result, even successful products can expect to enjoy an advantage in the market for a shorter time than in the past.
- The impact of OFDI on firm innovation in an emerging country
- To foster innovation, let a hundred flowers bloom?
- Can China be an innovation powerhouse?
- Innovation’s New World Order
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Are you an Innovator /entrepreneur? Do you want to inspire others?
Categories: Open Innovation
Southern Africa Horizon Scan (Oct 2011) 4 Business model lessons from Istanbul Innovates
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 807 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 726 views