Development of an integrated product-service roadmap with QFD: A case study on mobile communications
November 28, 2011 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to provide a concrete integrated roadmap structure and a supporting tool for efficient roadmapping, to enhance interdisciplinary research on product-service. Design/methodology/approach – The paper first clarifies definitions based on literature review. Next, the integrated roadmap structure is designed by overcoming limitations of the existing product-service roadmaps. Lastly, a modified quality function deployment technique is developed to be used as a means for the integration process and applied to the mobile communications industry for the case study. Findings – The suggested roadmap and roadmapping process have potential advantages that can help strategic planning and management of product-service. Research limitations/implications – There are issues related to complexity of the suggested technique and completeness of the case study. Practical implications – The suggested approach stimulates communication and knowledge sharing between manufacturers and service providers, providing a useful guidance to picture the long-term future from the same perspective. Originality/value – The paper provides a holistic approach on the development of the product-service sets, which is characterized by many challenges and uncertainties.
Go to Source
- Cloud Computing for Development: A Four-Stage Analysis of Public, Private, and Hybrid Solutions
- What About Facebook Messenger Chatbots for Development?
- Foreign direct investment and development: Insights from literature and ideas for research
- Building for Development: Could Infrastructure Draw Unexpected Investors to Africa?
- University for Women Key to African Agriculture
- Technological Leapfrogging in Agriculture
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020