Impact Across the Developing World: TechnoServe’s 2010 Annual Report
August 24, 2011 Editor 0
Authored by: Andrew Eder
In 2010, TechnoServe assisted 2,770 businesses across more than 30 developing countries. These businesses employed 40,300 people and bought products from 270,800 small-scale producers. Behind each of these numbers is a story of change: a cooperative connecting to export markets, an entrepreneur whose idea becomes a business, a farmer who is able to provide health care and an education for her children.
TechnoServe’s 2010 annual report details how TechnoServe is promoting this kind of sustainable change. The report offers a look at our approach, our financial highlights and the ways in which we created an impact in 1.5 million lives in 2010. And as a reminder of why this work matters, we cite the words of the late Ed Bullard, who founded TechnoServe in 1968:
“When you think about it, the mission of an organization such as TechnoServe is not to remake women and men, not to create a more noble being. Instead, the mission of TechnoServe is to release and empower our neighbors … to help them throw off their burden of poverty and stand erect with a sense of their innate pride and dignity.”
Read the full report HERE.
- InVest in a Small Business, See Your Impact – In Real Time
- Building intellectual capital in incubated technology firms
- The Death of Innovation Crowdsourcing (As We Know It)!
- A quest for global entrepreneurs: the importance of cultural intelligence on commitment to entrepreneurial education
- Corporate governance, value and performance of firms: new empirical results on convergence from a large international database
- Elements of Sustainable Business Models
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021