What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project
April 24, 2018 Editor 0
In this video, Peter Thorne, the Africa RISING project coordinator in Ethiopia, and Melkamu Bezabih, a postdoctoral livestock feeds and nutrition researcher, talk about sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems in Ethiopia in the Africa RISING project.
This video was recorded during an international exchange visit organized near Debre Birhan (one of the research sites of the Africa RISING project in Ethiopia) as part of the 7th Multi-stakeholder partnership meeting of the Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock. Under the theme ‘Achieving multiple benefits through livestock-based solutions’, more than 250 participants from over 50 countries came together on 8-12 May 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to discuss how livestock can contribute positively to global development.
The meeting comprised a mix of plenary and interactive sessions, learning tours, a share fair and opportunities to join one of several special interest cluster and action network meetings.
- Social learning for farming systems – Insights from Africa RISING in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia learning alliance to support sustainable agricultural intensification
- W/Video Via ViewChange, Oxfam: This World Food Day, Making it Africa’s Last Famine
- Value chains learning hubs workshop: co-creating solutions for eastern and southern Africa
- Regional experts meet to discuss sustainable management of industrial effluent in East Africa
- Measuring sustainable intensification in smallholder agroecosystems: A review
Tags: farming systems
Subscribe to our stories
- Key lessons for policymakers from China’s financial inclusion experience April 24, 2018
- Can blockchain disrupt gender inequality? April 24, 2018
- Business incubation a means for effective business development April 24, 2018
- A network approach to growing green entrepreneurship April 24, 2018
- What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project April 24, 2018