8 key approaches to accelerate financial inclusion
February 18, 2017 Editor 0
As World Bank staff working on financial inclusion, our days revolve around a critical question: what are the most promising ways to improve access to and usage of appropriate financial products for the underserved? A big part of our job is to track the wide range of experiences and learnings from around the world and incorporate them into our work advising policymakers and regulators. We thought it would be useful to share our current thinking, distilled into a list of the top eight approaches to accelerate financial inclusion. This list is from a policymaker perspective, and takes into account the fact that policymakers play a multi-faceted role in financial inclusion, balancing promotion, protection and stability.
First, two caveats. This is subjective list, drawn from our experience. We expect reasonable people to disagree with some of our choices and that’s OK – in fact, debate is welcome.
Second, country context plays a critical role in formulating appropriate approaches to financial inclusion. This list is meant as a general guide for what is impactful in most countries, most of the time.
- Striking Gold with Women Entrepreneurs
- Innovator-in-Chief: The Public Sector – Catalyst of Creativity
- Infographic: Creating jobs for generations by closing the youth employment gap
- What’s the implication of 3D printers for the World Bank’s mission?
- Ask our youth: How can we farm for billions?
- African Diaspora Key to the Continent’s Development: World Bank
Categories: World Bank PSD
Connecting research-in-development dots and investing in dynamic scaling pathways – Africa RISING phase2 kicks off with science for impact event Looping in local suppliers rather than forcing out international firms
Subscribe to our stories
- How Open Innovation Can Be Used in the Financial Sector July 23, 2017
- Nigeria: Nigeria Wins Global Government Innovation Award July 23, 2017
- L’entrepreneuriat demande de l’endurance: Comment un incubateur mauritanien appuie les entrepreneurs en herbe avec son concours « Marathon de l’Entrepreneur » July 23, 2017
- Ethiopia learning alliance to support sustainable agricultural intensification July 23, 2017
- Livestock key to ending poverty and hunger in developing countries July 23, 2017