Mechanisms and Functions within a National Innovation System
January 2, 2017 Editor 0
In modern society, the competitive success of countries is increasingly dependent on the effective management of their national innovation system (NIS). Therefore, understanding the mechanisms behind NISs has become essential. After reviewing the current understanding of the NIS concept and the existing measurement models, this study proposes to consider the NIS as an intangible (underlying) asset of a specific kind and identifies its seven fundamental components, which are extracted with a new measurement model, the Global Innovation Index (GII). This study employs the Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) techniques to analyze the relationships among the components of an NIS. Our results support the existence of a causal link between the constituents of an NIS and provide several perspectives regarding NIS management opportunities. In particular, we find that the efficient management of institutional capital is a key determinant of innovation success for non-high-income countries.
Go to Source
- User Acceptance Determinants of Information Technology Innovation in Organizations
- Applying Agile Project Management to Predevelopment Stages of Innovation
- REFLEXIVITY AND INNOVATION: CONFLICTING COUNTERPARTS?
- The moderating role of social networks within the radical innovation process: a multidimensionality of human capital-based analysis
- Demand-Driven Innovation: An Integrative Systems-Based Review of the Literature
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017