Investigation of solar hybrid system with concentrating Fresnel lens, photovoltaic and thermoelectric generators
September 7, 2016 Editor 0
An experimental model of a solar hybrid system including photovoltaic (PV) module, concentrating Fresnel lens, thermoelectric generator (TEG), and running water heat extracting unit was created and studied. The PV module used was of c-Si and TEG of Bi2Te3; the Fresnel lens (solar concentrator) and TEG share an optical train, whereas PV module was illuminated separately with non-concentrated light. Heat extracting unit operated in thermo siphon mode. In climatic conditions of Mexico (Queretaro, 20o of North latitude, summer time), the Fresnel lens accepted 120 W of solar radiation power, and the system generated 7.0 W of electric power and 30 W of thermal one. The discussion is made of the possible characteristics of a hypothetical hybrid system where all its elements share the same optical train. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Experimental model of solar hybrid system is constructed and studied.
- The system includes PV module, thermoelectric generator, and heat extractor.
- Fresnel lens is used to concentrate radiation onto thermoelectric generator.
- Photovoltaic generator is illuminated by non-concentrated sunlight.
- To provide high electric and thermal efficiency, special PV module is necessary.
- Photovoltaic cells energy performance enhancement with down-converting photoluminescence phosphors
- Hierarchical reactive power regulation strategies for high-penetration photovoltaic distribution systems
- Hybrid power generation system of solar energy and fuel cells
- TiO2 beads as photocatalyst and photoelectrode for dye-sensitized solar cells synthesized by a microwave-assisted hydrothermal method
- The brand-new metallization patterning processes for plated solar cells
- Hybrid storage designs for continuous operation of solar-powered LiBr–water absorption air-conditioning
Tags: solar hybrid system
AGRF session on transforming dairy value chains in Africa: Pathways to prosperity Ebola Virus Disease Diagnostics, Sierra Leone: Analysis of Real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction Values for Clinical Blood and Oral Swab Specimens.
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017