Integrating nutrition into Ethiopian farming systems – nutrition manual for community workers
June 29, 2016 Editor 0
Evidence from systematic reviews has showed that providing nutrition training targeting health workers can improve feeding frequency, energy intake, and dietary diversity of children aged six months to two years. Scaling up of nutrition training for health and agriculture workers presents a potential entry point to improve nutrition status among children in Ethiopia.
Developed by the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI), the International Potato Center (CIP) and the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), this manual aims to build the knowledge and skills of health and agriculture workers in nutrition-sensitive agriculture so that they can promote health and agricultural and other related practices that maximize nutritional benefits.
The manual is available in English and Amharic versions
- Briefs document emerging results from Africa RISING projects
- Small-scale mechanization advancing farming systems to improve food, nutrition, and income security in Ethiopia
- Integrated sheep improvement technologies showcased in Doyogena, Ethiopia
- A strategic framework for transgenic research and product development in Africa
- Transforming cassava peel waste to quality feeds fast-tracked by private sector in Nigeria
- Improved small ruminant value chains in Ethiopia focus of new Livestock and Fish project
Doubled-up legume rotations improve soil fertility and maintain productivity under variable conditions in maize-based cropping systems in Malawi Can maize farmers in northern Ghana increase economic benefits by applying more nitrogen?
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017