New G20 White Paper explores the fast-evolving role of standard-setting bodies for financial inclusion
May 11, 2016 Editor 0
In just a few years since the G20’s Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI) published its initial White Paper, the role that global financial standard-setting bodies (SSBs) have on “who gets access to what formal financial services at what cost” has been increasingly recognized.
Appreciation has also grown for the important role that digitization of financial services plays in reaching financially excluded and underserved customers, and the implications this development has had on the SSBs.
There is still far to go, but the advances are noteworthy.
The GPFI’s new White Paper, Global Standard-Setting Bodies and Financial Inclusion: The Evolving Landscape documents this progress while flagging the disruptive forces that digital financial services represent for the formal financial system, as well as the opportunities and challenges they carry for the SSBs to develop standards that countries can apply.
- Financial Inclusion Targets and Transformational Change
- Leveraging ‘suptech’ for financial inclusion in Rwanda
- How can we leverage digital technology for financial inclusion?
- Bring in the tech nerds to help expand financial inclusion
- Financial Inclusion Up Close in Rwanda
- Why are payment services essential for financial inclusion?
Categories: World Bank PSD
Tags: financial inclusion
Insights into the Affordable Medicines Facility-malaria in Ghana: the role of caregivers and licensed chemical sellers in four regions. Multidimensional crop improvement research on grain legumes in Ethiopia
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017