Learn How to Use Excel for Data Visualization in Just 2 Hours
November 23, 2015 Editor 0
We have all worked with Microsoft Excel, but few of us really know its power to meet a wide range of data analysis and visualization needs. Used correctly, we can beautifully visualize M&E results in Excel.
That’s why we’ve created Introduction to Excel for Data Visualization – an interactive TechChange course for those who want to harness the power of Excel for Data Visualization. The self-paced course can be completed anytime, in under two hours.
Intro to Excel for Data Visualization
We spent six weeks creating this interactive course and we’re excited to make it available for you! In Intro to Excel for Data Visualization, you will learn the nuts and bolts of how to use Excel functions and features like INDEX MATCH, PivotTables, Slicers, and more.You will also learn key data visualization principles that will help you optimize your data visualizations to best communicate your data.
Along with going over some important Excel functions like VLookup, basic macros, pivot tables, slicers, to create both static and interactive visualizations, the course includes case studies of how two different organizations used Excel for their data visualization needs.
You will see how D3 systems used Excel to visualize public opinion data in Iraq, and how JSI used Excel to create a dashboard for global contraceptive security indicators. By interacting with real world examples, you will be able to see the potential Excel has in your own work.
Samita Thapa is the Global Communications and Engagement Officer at TechChange
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- How GE Uses Data Visualization to Tell Complex Stories
- The Importance of Spatial Thinking Now
- You’ve Got the Information But What Does It Mean? Welcome to “From Data to Action”
- How To Beautifully Visualize M&E Results in Microsoft Excel
- What Is the Inveneo “Self-Contained Site Survey Tool”?
- Top Tips for Converting Paper Forms to Digital Mobile Forms
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017