Wide-area smart grids with new smart units synchronized measurement analysis and control based on cloud computing platform
October 7, 2015 Editor 0
The problems of energy shortage engage us to find new resource, and varieties of renewable energy produced in different places are looking forward to be feedback to the power grids. These requirements also make power grids start to change from centralized structure with a few power plant to distributed system with many generating stations. To fit the building requirement of Smart Grid, smart units and their information networks with functions of measurement protection and control are becoming necessities. This paper tries to give a new small grid with curtains applications. Around this grid needs, paper introduces the development of Smart Units, the real-time networks and information web services: (i) The Smart Unit is multi-μPU instruments with function of measurement analysis and control, which includes intelligent algorithms of FFT Zoom-FFT Wavelet to fit signal processing, networks communication protocols with Ethernet and 3G/4G interfaces, and controlling functions to control devices like Intelligent Broker and Intelligent Capacitor; (ii) Based on Ethernet, a real-time controlling protocol named Synchronous Ticket Strategy (STS) is proposed, which is used to manage to synchronize measurement and control; and (iii) Information web services are built on cloud computing platforms, which provide parallel calculation with S transmit and user application services like power parameters GIS and data accessing. At the end some results are given from simulations of algorithms and online tests. Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
This paper gives a new smart grid with Smart Units, the real-time networks and information web services. The Smart Units with functions of measurement analysis and control include intelligent algorithms of FFT Zoom-FFT Wavelet. The networks working in Synchronous Ticket Strategy are a real-time controlling system. Information web services built on cloud computing platforms provide parallel calculation with S transmit and user application services of power parameters GIS and data accessing.
- Who Wins with the Smart Grid?: Uncertain economics cloud the grid’s future
- Hierarchical reactive power regulation strategies for high-penetration photovoltaic distribution systems
- The Role of the Complementary Sector and its Relationship with Network Formation and Government Policies in Emerging Sectors: The Case of Solar Photovoltaics Between 2001 and 2009
- Design and implementation of a smart networking control system for LED lighting based on CAN
- Simulation and experimental investigation of two hybrid solar domestic water heaters with drain water heat recovery
- Behind the Development of Technology: The Transition of Innovation Modes in China’s Wind Turbine Manufacturing Industry
Subscribe to our stories
- Lessons from Five Years of Helping Governments Foster Incentives Transparency February 18, 2017
- Spatial Growth Solutions, Multi-Stakeholder Engagement, and Fish: Innovative Public-Private Dialogue in Mauritania’s Nouadhibou Free Zone February 18, 2017
- Making climate finance work in agriculture February 18, 2017
- Using a value chain approach to focus animal genetic interventions February 18, 2017
- Looping in local suppliers rather than forcing out international firms February 18, 2017