Women’s contribution to feeding the world and conserving biodiversity celebrated at Expo Milano 2015
September 11, 2015 Editor 0
Since 1 May 2015, the Italian Government has been hosting the Expo Milano 2015 exhibition that will run for a period of six months up to 31 October 2015. The exhibition, which is themed ‘Feeding the planet: energy for life’, has attracted more than 140 countries to showcase their technology and exchange ideas on guaranteeing healthy, safe and sufficient food.
Recognizing the important role that women play in feeding the world and in #biodiversity, an event to highlight women has been organized as part of this exposition. Every day, women grow, harvest, process, cook, buy and/or sell food and agricultural products to sustain their families. As such, women and agricultural biodiversity are closely linked, given their participation in these activities through which they not only contribute to feeding the world, but also to conservation of agricultural biodiversity.
An &8216;Agricultural biodiversity, value chains and women’s empowerment&8217; event will take place on 17 September 2015, at Palazzo Castiglioni, Milan, Italy and is organized by Bioversity International in partnership with the Italian Government and other partners.
Visit the event website for the agenda and more information.
- Conserving biodiversity could benefit the world’s poor
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – Part 1
- Agricultural technology commercialisation: stakeholders, business models, and abiotic stressors – part 2
- Biodiversity protection needs community input
- Crop intensification and organic fertilizers can be a long-term solution to perennial food shortages in Africa
- Tropentag workshop: Empowering livestock and fish smallholders through multi-stakeholder platforms and value chains
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018