USAID Global Development Lab Supported Projects Catalog
June 19, 2015 Editor 0
For decades, USAID and its partners have successfully tackled some of the world’s toughest challenges by developing and implementing innovative breakthroughs—from the seeds of the green revolution, to microfinance, to oral rehydration therapy—has saved lives, created economic opportunity, and advanced human development. Building on this legacy, USAID established the U.S. Global Development Lab to lead our efforts in applying science, technology, innovation, and partnerships to solve global development challenges and improve our development impact.
The Global Development Lab Catalog presents select innovations supported by USAID and its partners through open development programs that form the foundation of the Lab. The catalog illustrates a range of cost effective and potentially transformative solutions that are possible when we tap into the energy, commitment, and entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of people around the world.
The Lab will enable USAID to bring a diverse set of partners – entrepreneurs, world-class experts from corporations, NGOs, universities, science and research institutions, and our Missions around the world – together to discover, incubate, and scale breakthrough development innovations in sectors like water, health, food security and nutrition, energy, and climate change, among others that can reach hundreds of millions of people.
Go to SourceReprinted from ICTWorks
- Four Challenges with USAID’s Grand Challenges for Development
- Top 5 Hardware Challenges in Information Technology for Development
- USAID steps up its science efforts
- Mobile Computing in 1960s Taiwan: A Personal History of ICT in Economic Development
- Using Open Innovation to combat Ebola
- USAID launches Development Innovation Ventures
Subscribe to our stories
- 9 Best Practices for Cleaning, Managing, and Tagging Your Data August 30, 2017
- Empowering agricultural extension agents to deliver improved farming technologies August 30, 2017
- Our Experiment Using Facebook Chatbots to Improve Humanitarian Assistance August 30, 2017
- Yes, Girls Can Code Software in Zambia! August 30, 2017
- A Novel Analysis of Mobile Phone Impact on Rural Farmers August 30, 2017