What Lies Ahead for Technology? You Decide
March 28, 2015 Editor 0
Digital technology and the Internet have changed the lives of billions of people in the past 20 years. However, considering the continued rapid pace of technological development, we may be in the early stages of a much larger shift in our society.
The World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of Software & Society is working to develop a picture of what this future will look like and what it will mean for how people around the world work and live. To start with, the Council wishes to harness the wisdom of ICTworks’ readers to get a sense of when different technology trends will hit global critical mass.
When do you think this ‘tipping point’ will happen? The World Economic Forum wants to hear from YOU to learn more! Share your thoughts with this Technological Tipping Points survey. It only takes 5 minutes to complete and will help the Council on the Future of Software & Security gain a better understanding of what lies ahead. The survey will cover how fast these technologies will scale in emerging markets/developing countries and much more.
What Will Happen to the Survey Results?
Based on survey input, World Economic Forum Council members will explore the impact these changes will have on business, government, and society. The team will also publish and share the results through a public video later this year.
Many thanks in advance for taking time to share your thoughts!
- The 4 Barriers to Affordabile Internet in 46 Emerging and Developing Countries
- Top 5 Hardware Challenges in Information Technology for Development
- Why Public Access to ICTs Matter in the Age of Mobile Phones
- How ICT Can Have Socioeconomic Impact on Base of the Pyramid Consumers
- Bask in the Technology Spotlight at the 2013 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Conference
- ICT must be used in improving the employability of youth
Subscribe to our stories
- Key lessons for policymakers from China’s financial inclusion experience April 24, 2018
- Can blockchain disrupt gender inequality? April 24, 2018
- Business incubation a means for effective business development April 24, 2018
- A network approach to growing green entrepreneurship April 24, 2018
- What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project April 24, 2018