In Service for Sharing: Leadership and Leader – Follower Relationship Factors as Influencers of Tacit Knowledge Sharing in the IT Industry
March 2, 2015 Editor 0
Tacit knowledge is an organizational resource that is difficult to cultivate. It requires that responsible agents in the organization take an active role in encouraging trust and the development of relationships where individuals feel that their voice will be heard and that there will be a benefit from them passing knowledge onto someone else. In knowledge work tacit knowledge is especially important.
This research found that servant leadership is an important factor in influencing tacit knowledge sharing, however leader-member exchange is a factor that will strongly support the sharing of tacit knowledge.
If there is a dearth in servant leadership, then leader-member exchange quality is able to act as an influencer of tacit knowledge sharing. This indicates the conclusion that while servant leadership has its virtues, it is possible that other leadership constructs will be useful in encouraging tacit knowledge sharing.
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Go to Source
- Exploring links between post adoption operations and process innovation
- Issues, Responsibilities and Identities: A Distributed Leadership Perspective on Biotechnology R&D Management
- Creating the Conditions for Sustainable Innovation
- An examination of the moderation effects of NPD resource allocation and product innovativeness on the NPD stage process proficiency-new product market success relationship
- The Top 5 Leadership Skills for Sustained Innovation
- Analyzing the sustainability of a newly developed servi An activity theory perspective
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017