Free USAID Course: How To Use Mobile Data Solutions for Better Development Outcomes
February 1, 2015 Editor 0
Leading global development organizations are just beginning to utilize mobile technologies to improve the efficiency and quality of the data they collect, manage, analyze, and share. However, there is so much more the international development community could be doing with this powerful technology to make better decisions and meet broader global development goals.
Thankfully, you can now learn the secrets of how to use mobile technologies to more effectively collect and disseminate data and achieve better development outcomes through a free interactive online course on Mobile Data Solutions.
This two-hour self-paced online course developed by the Digital Development team at USAID, the mSTAR Program at FHI 360, and TechChange, explores these opportunities and offers a comprehensive introduction to key terms, concepts, technologies, and strategies, including:
- How to assess a mobile data collection project and required resources
- How to design a project to achieve the maximum impact possible
- How to implement a project to take advantage of appropriate technologies
- How to visualize and share the collected data with relevant communities
Sign up now for this fun and practical learning environment with a mixture of animations, video interviews, scenario-based case studies, and interactive exercises including designing and undertaking a survey using mobile tools.
It is free, and accessible from anywhere with an internet connection and anytime no matter your time zone.
- New USAID Handbook: How to Integrate Mobile Solutions into Development Projects
- Please RSVP for Mobiles! What Have We Learned? Where Are We Going?
- Please RSVP Now for ICT4D Principle 9: Be Collaborative
- Which ICT4D Projects Use Progressive Design Principles?
- 3 Steps to Implement USAID Open Data Policy ADS 579
- Be a Data Visualization Expert with TechChange’s Online Diploma Program
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017