Top Highlights from the #ICTchat Twitter Discussion on Digital Payments
December 16, 2014 Editor 0
Yesterday’s #ICTchat Twitter Chat was a huge success! Our #ICTchat hashtag brought in over 2.5 million impressions on Twitter with 839 tweets and 135 contributors. Our participants were from The United States, Uganda, and Nigeria to name a few. Thanks to everyone who participated, especially to USAID, NetHope, Better Than Cash Alliance, GBI, UNCDF, and GSMA.
What were some of the highlights of the chat? Here are the three questions we asked with a few answers, some of which were from our four outstanding leaders:
- Matt Homer, Senior Policy Advisor for Digital Finance at USAID;
- Shelley Spencer, Program Director, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team;
- Beth Porter, Policy Advisor, Financial Inclusion, UNCDF/ Better Than Cash Alliance;
- Hamilton McNutt, Program Manager, NetHope/GBI Payments Innovations Team.
Q1: How are digital payments safer for those making and receiving payments in developing countries?
Q2: What digital payments consumer protection standards and best practices are emerging for transparency in fees and terms of service?
Q3: GSMA recently released a code of conduct for mobile money operators. What does this do and what does it mean for transparency?
- Please RSVP for Our Twitter Chat on December 4th: Digital Payments in Developing Countries
- The Most Influential USAID Paragraph on Mobile Money
- How to Innovate New Digital Financial Services for Farmers
- New USAID Handbook: Digital Finance for Development
- Four Challenges with USAID’s Grand Challenges for Development
- If You Really Want to Scale ICT4D to Millions, Abandon Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- Giving Francophone African incubators the keys to accelerate growth entrepreneurship February 13, 2018
- Is acceleration the panacea for scaling growth entrepreneurs? Reflections from XL Africa February 13, 2018
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level February 13, 2018
- Global Investment Competitiveness: New Insights on FDI February 2, 2018
- BioInnovate Africa phase II launched February 2, 2018