We’ve updated the Africa tech hub map using your suggestions
July 7, 2014 Editor 0
My recent blog “Tech hubs across Africa: Which will be the legacy-makers?” generated a long list and a wide range of comments, many suggesting tech hubs we hadn’t noted on the map. As a result of your feedback, we’ve updated the list and created a new map.
Here are also two helpful new links that were sent my way as a result of this ongoing dialogue:
- East Africa Innovation Spaces and Startups
- Four Steps to Establishing a Technology Ecosystem in Kenya
Of course, since the technology landscape is always changing, the list will never be complete. We request your ongoing help to add value by making new comments. Thank you for being part of our global community.
- Categorizing the collaboration and community promotion spaces that make urban innovation ecosystems tick
- Does social dimension beat geographic clustering in creating tech innovation ecosystems in cities?
- Facing up to new realities for progress on tech transfer
- Matching development challenges with tech solutions in the fight against extreme poverty
- What has the iHub achieved?
- Can urban innovation ecosystems be developed with little broadband infrastructure?
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018