Exploring demographic differences in the adoption of mobile money: M-PESA in Kenya
July 7, 2014 Editor 0
Mobile money is an innovative concept that has a fundamental impact on how marketing exchanges and transactions are consummated. The concept of exchange and payment is at the core of marketing and the ultimate conclusion of an effective marketing strategy. How consumers pay for goods and services profoundly impacts the frequency and quality of products purchased. Despite its diffusion and adoption, mostly in developing countries, scant research exists regarding the characteristics of adopters of mobile money. Using the most successful implementation of mobile money globally, M-PESA in Kenya, demographic differences between adopters and non-adopters of mobile money are examined. Data is collected from 1,975 respondents covering all eight Kenyan provinces. Significant differences between the two groups exist for the variables of gender, age, income, education and location (rural versus urban).
Go to Source
- A qualitative investigation of use and adoption of mobile money in Kenya: a domestication approach
- Understanding public users’ adoption of mobile health service
- Influence of knowledge networking, knowledge base, and knowledge strategy on innovation capability
- When the Recipe Is More Important Than the Ingredients: A Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) of Service Innovation Configurations
- Surprise! Guess Which Country is 2nd for Mobile Money Globally?
- The Use of Smart Mobile Equipment for the Innovation in Organizational Coordination(Cho)
Gender equality in the post-2015 agenda: the importance of social norms for inclusive development – OIF / DEV High-Level Panel Changes to intellectual property policy in South Africa: putting a stop to evergreening?
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018