Airtel partners with Manchester United to launch club mobile app across Africa
March 14, 2014 Editor 0
Nairobi, Kenya, March 12 2014 – Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), a leading telecommunications services provider with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa and popular English football club Manchester United have announced details of a new mobile application designed to get its energetic fans in Africa closer to the club.
Manchester United’s new Club App offers the most comprehensive mobile access available, giving fans the latest club news, exclusive videos, match highlights, live in-game updates, player profiles and much more – all of which is exclusively free for Airtel Africa’s subscribers. This app is available free to download now from iOS and Android, with extra exclusive content available to Airtel subscribers for free.
This new app joins a growing collection of ways for fans to get the latest news, views and information from the Club. In summer 2013, Manchester United became the fastest sports organization to reach one million followers on Twitter and Google+ and is credibly known to be the fastest growing Premier League club on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This also allows the customers engage with their favorite club. Airtel seeks to provide innovative products that add value to customers and the launch of this application is in line with this through supporting various passion points.
Football is one of the biggest passion points for many Africans and we look for innovative ways to provide value to our subscribers. Manchester United’s Club App will offer exclusive free content for our subscribers over the normal content that will be pushed through this App. The launch of this application goes on to further cement our partnership with Manchester United Football Club and we look forward to hosting this application on our mobile network allowing fans to get closer to their favorite club. – Mr. Andre Beyers, Chief Marketing Officer of Airtel Africa, commenting on the launch of the Club app.
Group Managing Director, Mr. Richard Arnold, commented: “The launch of the mobile app with Airtel Africa represents another step forward for Manchester United, and is a fantastic and fascinating way for our followers to stay in touch with what’s happening at the Club. With nearly 147 million followers across Africa, we’re delighted that our regional partner Airtel Africa is helping us to get even closer to our fans.”
Airtel and Manchester United’s partnership has brought together football fans in Africa and now this app is a platform where they can engage with the football club further. Manchester United is also involved in the Airtel grassroots football program, Airtel Rising Stars for boys and girls under the age of 17 which is in its third year. The Airtel Rising Stars programme has gained support from Manchester United through provision of professional coaches to train the young stars during soccer clinics.
Download the mobile app for free on iOS and Android here.
Press Release from Airtel
Image via Aakreit Sachdeva
The post Airtel partners with Manchester United to launch club mobile app across Africa appeared first on TechPost.
- Roadconexion wants to provide Ugandan Road users with real-time crowd-sourced traffic information
- Africa: Blackberry Plans to Launch Bbm Across Multiple Platforms This Summer
- 3 Steps for Microsoft + Nokia Success in Africa
- When Big Companies Support Start-ups, Both Make More Money
- The Android Device Manager: Features that can make it beat Apple’s “Find my iPhone” and Windows “Phone Finder”
- East Africa: New Android 4.3 First Smartphone OS to Natively Support Kiswahili
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018