Crowdsourcing Feedback to Improve Healthcare Systems
February 25, 2014 Editor 0
Co-authored by: Yvonne Nkrumah and Julia Mensah (WBIHS)
“Technology made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable”
These words by renowned American writer, Joseph Wood Krutch, are true today as they were more than 40 years ago. From communities in Bangalore, India to Soroti, Uganda, citizens—even in rural communities—are leveraging the power of technology to provide critical information on service delivery, an essential input for reform.
In August 2013, the World Bank Group partnered with UNICEF Uganda and the Medicines Transparency Alliance (Uganda), to leverage two platforms – U-report (http://ureport.ug/) and mTrac (http://www.mtrac.ug). The use of these SMS-based platforms helped generate real-time information from both citizens and health providers, providing critical evidence on service delivery.
- The Technology of Nonviolence: How cellphones and crowdsourcing are saving lives and livelihoods
- The Death of Innovation Crowdsourcing (As We Know It)!
- The Age of Social Products
- R&D survey is a chance to move African science forward
- Implementing Open Innovation in the Public Sector
- Mobile Innovation from the field: We can now talk directly with students, teachers and parents in Uganda
A systematic review of the literature on self-management interventions and discussion of their potential relevance for people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. MeerKAT radio telescope dish foundations completed
Subscribe to our stories
- Kenyan scientists release five new canning bean varieties after sixty-year wait May 15, 2017
- Conceptual overview of social entrepreneurship and its relevance to Nigeria’s third sector May 15, 2017
- Industry environment features influencing construction innovation in a developing country: a case study of four projects in Ghana May 15, 2017
- Dairy production systems and the adoption of genetic and breeding technologies in Tanzania, Kenya, India and Nicaragua May 15, 2017
- Start-up from scratch? How entrepreneurship can generate sustainable development and inclusion in the Sahel May 15, 2017