Which ICT4D Projects Use Progressive Design Principles?
February 5, 2014 Editor 0
USAID is gathering information on ICT4D projects or activities that have embodied progressive project design principles to show how these principals can help technology projects be more effective, save money, and expand the impact of development programs.
Have you participated in or do you know of projects using progressive design principals like these?
- User centered design
- Alignment with existing ecosystems
- Design for scale
- Sustainability planning
- Data-driven decision making
- Open Data, Open Source, Open…
- Reusing and improving on existing solutions
- User privacy and user data protections
- Collaboration with other ICT4D initiatives
Please email Shailee Adinolfi the name of project, country, implementer, funder, and a few bullet points explaining how the project used one or more of these principles, and what the results were.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
Good examples of ICT4D projects using progressive design principals will be highlighted in future USAID communications to advance the community’s knowledge and skills in successfully deploying technology solutions for development.
Thanks in advance for your time.
- Use the Child Friendly Technology Framework for ICT4Kids Project Design
- You Can Change the World of Hardware and Enter to Win a Google Nexus 7 Tablet
- How Public Libraries Connect People to ICT for Development
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Relevant and Essential: ICT for the New Bank
- 5 Steps to Social Innovation with ICT
Subscribe to our stories
- Kenyan scientists release five new canning bean varieties after sixty-year wait May 15, 2017
- Conceptual overview of social entrepreneurship and its relevance to Nigeria’s third sector May 15, 2017
- Industry environment features influencing construction innovation in a developing country: a case study of four projects in Ghana May 15, 2017
- Dairy production systems and the adoption of genetic and breeding technologies in Tanzania, Kenya, India and Nicaragua May 15, 2017
- Start-up from scratch? How entrepreneurship can generate sustainable development and inclusion in the Sahel May 15, 2017