Slideshow: 8 Facts about Financial Inclusion and Gender
November 29, 2013 Editor 0
Though the gender gap is alive and well among the world’s poor, one interesting fact from this slideshow is that women are more involved than men in informal savings at a rate of 53 percent, compared to 43 percent of men.
Click through below:Giving women access can help empower them to rise out of poverty while building the local economy. Photo: S. Shakya for Mercy Corps.
- Henry Chesbrough Named One of Top Management Thinkers
- The economic cost of gender inequality
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- Action, not words, will empower Africa’s women scientists
- The Best (and Worst) Countries to Be a Woman
- Quotable: Universal financial access by 2020 is possible
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018