Slideshow: 8 Facts about Financial Inclusion and Gender
November 29, 2013 Editor 0
Though the gender gap is alive and well among the world’s poor, one interesting fact from this slideshow is that women are more involved than men in informal savings at a rate of 53 percent, compared to 43 percent of men.
Click through below:Giving women access can help empower them to rise out of poverty while building the local economy. Photo: S. Shakya for Mercy Corps.
- Henry Chesbrough Named One of Top Management Thinkers
- The economic cost of gender inequality
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- Action, not words, will empower Africa’s women scientists
- The Best (and Worst) Countries to Be a Woman
- Quotable: Universal financial access by 2020 is possible
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017