3D printing community rallies to create $5 hand for kid
November 27, 2013 Editor 0
A congenital birth defect left Leon McCarthy without fingers on his left hand. A very expensive custom-designed prosthetic was out of the question, but 3D printing allowed them to create one for about $5 in materials.
Go to Source
- Please RSVP Now: Is 3D Printing a Relevant Technology for Development?
- CU-Boulder researchers develop 4-D printing technology for composite materials
- 3D printing: Pimp my ride
- A pilot biomedical engineering course in rapid prototyping for mobile health.
- Motorola inks 3D printing deal for customizable smartphone parts
- Inventing HP in 3D
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018