Differential Effects of Personality Traits and Environmental Predictors on Reproductive and Creative Imagination
November 20, 2013 Editor 0
The purpose of this study was twofold: (1) to analyze the effects of both personality and environmental variables on the imagination of video/film major university students; and (2) to test the mediator effect resulting from the variable of social climate. The results of this study supported both indicators of imaginative capabilities and environmental influences. The hypothesis of the study—that the variable of social climate mediates the effects of personality/environmental predictors and both types of imagination—was partially supported. The structural model also showed that most personality traits have direct effects on imagination, whereas most environmental predictors have indirect effects. Practical applications of this study were suggested, future inquiries were discussed, and limitations were acknowledged.
- Opening up Openness to Experience: A Four-Factor Model and Relations to Creative Achievement in the Arts and Sciences
- Perceptions of Age and Creativity in the Workforce
- “We’ve Got Creative Differences”: The Effects of Task Conflict and Participative Safety on Team Creative Performance
- Perceptions of Creativity in University–Industry Partnerships: A Pedagogical Approach
- Leaders Who Can’t Forgive
- Will Your Bad Boss Make You a Bad Boss, Too?
“We’ve Got Creative Differences”: The Effects of Task Conflict and Participative Safety on Team Creative Performance Africa: World Social Science Report 2013 – Navigating Pathways in the Safe and Just Space for Humanity
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018