RSVP Now for Fail Festival 2013: A Celebration of Failure in Development
November 12, 2013 Editor 0
Failure is the f-word of international development. Unspoken in polite company, but a reality in our work. We’re often in market failure environments, so who are we to expect success 100% of the time?
That’s why its time for Fail Festival DC 2013 – a celebration of failure as a mark of leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs. We are on a mission to make failure acceptable in development discussions. There is great value in examining our mistakes and learning from failure as we go beyond the easy and the simple.
Please RSVP now to join us – audience participation is not only encouraged, it is mandatory! We are all peers and none of us is perfect. Expect much laughter as we navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in international development. We will have singing, we will have dancing, and we may just learn how now to star in next year’s Fail Festival!
Fail Festival DC 2013 will be hosted by FHI360 on Thursday, December 5th, in Academy Hall. We will have light refreshments to lubricate the conversation and there will be an after-party to continue the celebration.Fail Festival DC 2013
Thursday, December 5th
FHI360 Academy Hall
1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20009.
Featured Presenters (so far – and why not you?)
- Dr. Tessie San Martin, CEO, Plan International USA
- Sean McDonald, CEO, FrontlineSMS
- Merrick Schaefer, Senior Innovation Specialist, World Bank
- Ashley Good, CEO, Fail Forward
- Nick Martin, President, TechChange
- Josh Haynes, Senior Development Technologist, USAID
- Ian Schuler, Founder, New Rights Group
Wanna join them on stage – sign up now! We’re looking for amazing fools leaders in failure to show us the way.
- Failure is the F-Word in International Development
- If You’re Not Failing at ICT4D, You’re Not Trying Hard Enough
- Do Not Commit the 3 Fatal Sins in Disregarding End Users in ICT4D
- Girls in ICT Day: Inspirational Women to Know in the ICT Field
- 9 Lessons to Learn from Fail Faire UK 2012
- Local Alternatives for Global Development: Rediscovering Libraries
Subscribe to our stories
- The renaissance of farming systems research in Africa January 16, 2018
- Entrepreneurship competition encourages the Malian diaspora to start businesses on their home turf January 16, 2018
- India: Digital finance models for lending to small businesses January 16, 2018
- Powering up Africa through innovation January 16, 2018
- Which ones did you read and download?Africa RISING’s most popular online products and resources in 2017 January 16, 2018