Towards a novel service learning platform: a second generation learning solution
November 7, 2013 Editor 0
The learning experience is constantly evolving and it is supported by recent internet technologies. Nevertheless, some of the available learning solutions still rely on outdated building models and old ideas. Those platforms still fail at some levels because they continue to patch in current concepts, instead of being evolved from scratch. Incorporating new approaches for content delivery, Web 2.0 services, and new ways to reuse learning components, is independent of the learning environment. These solutions may be possible taking into account a conjunction of service-like web services concepts that deploy learning components in e-Learning platforms. In this context, the paper proposes a second generation of the PLEBOX learning platform supplying a service-driven architecture. This paper proposes a novel service based learning platform that provides a powerful on-demand learning resources and a multiple-environment system capable to support a learning decentralised experience. The main contributions of this proposal were deployed, experimented, and validated.
Go to Source
- Is High Impact Digital Learning Possible in Schools without Electricity?
- What Are the Knowns and Unknown in m-Education?
- E-learning tools for andragogy: a scale model of technology-based active learning
- Teaching entrepreneurship using Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- The future of Edtech in Africa
- Pedagogy 2 go: student and faculty perspectives on the features of mobile learning management systems
Subscribe to our stories
- The Partnership for Economic Policy Call for Project Proposals September 29, 2017
- 3 Uncommon Ways ICT Can Aid Delivery of High Impact Agricultural Research and Development September 29, 2017
- 20 Reasons You Should Integrate Tourism into Your Development Agenda September 29, 2017
- How Mobile Applications are Documenting Property Rights in Zambia September 29, 2017
- Which African Governments Spy on Technology Users the Most? September 29, 2017