Infographic: Why it’s Africa’s turn for an economic boom
October 12, 2013 Editor 0
Africa now has a $2 trillion economy, and it’s poised to keep growing–fast.
A click-through infographic in the Harvard Business Review blog shows seven reasons why Africa’s economy is growing faster than those of all other continents, and why its global economic spotlight will beginto shine brighter.
Here are some of our favorite, most promising factors driving the economic explosion:
Reason number 1: It’s a huge market opportunity. The map shows Africa’s relative size, but beyond that, it’s urban population and middle class keep growing, meaning more people are able to pay for goods and services than ever before.
Reason number 3: Internal trade is picking up. New companies popping up and trade barriers falling mean growing trade within the continent.
Reason number 4: Soon home to the world’s largest workforce. By 2050, one quarter of the world’s workers will be African.
Reason number 7: Most available cropland is African land. More than 60 percent of the world’s potential farmland is on the African continent. That, combined with other newfound resource supplies, will continue to drive foreign investment.
Click through all seven reasons and see the future of promising growth in Africa’s frontier markets.An infographic from Harvard Business Review shows Africa’s potential for economic growth. Image: Harvard Business Review blog
- 11th International Economic Forum on Africa
- Time for a more collaborative approach to investing in Africa
- What Tomorrow’s Leaders Are Learning in Africa Right Now
- Nano ‘tea bag’ purifies water
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- THE AFRICAN ENTREPRENEUR
Subscribe to our stories
- Key lessons for policymakers from China’s financial inclusion experience April 24, 2018
- Can blockchain disrupt gender inequality? April 24, 2018
- Business incubation a means for effective business development April 24, 2018
- A network approach to growing green entrepreneurship April 24, 2018
- What sustainable intensification of mixed farming systems looks like in Ethiopia–case of the Africa RISING project April 24, 2018