REFLEXIVITY AND INNOVATION: CONFLICTING COUNTERPARTS?
October 10, 2013 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Volume 0, Issue 0, Ahead of Print.
The paper discusses the relationship between learning, innovation and (institutional) reflexivity. It is often held that reflexivity is a crucial factor for learning and innovation processes. However, a rather formalistic approach to reflexivity is predominant. We propose to overcome this limitation and to develop a more meaningful concept of reflexivity which “reflects” the contingent, relational, dynamic and complex character of organizational environments and reality. Based on this broadened understanding it appears that reflexivity is imminently a dialectic category and, under specific circumstances, it can also inhibit innovation. This is especially the case when reflexive tools are abused to push performance only. In order to illustrate our concept and hypotheses we added two case studies which highlight the conflicting counterparts of reflexivity and innovation and pointed us to important cultural “success factors”.
- Economic Order Quantity Model with Innovation Diffusion Criterion under Influence of Price-Dependent Potential Market Size
- Integrating Technology, Management and Marketing Innovation through Open Innovation Models
- RESOURCE CRITICALITY ASSESSMENT IN FUTURE ICT SCENARIOS
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
- How Formalization Hinders Different Firm Innovativeness Types: Opening the Black Box with Evidence from a Service Industry
- Application Path for Promoting Technology Commercialization
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017