REFLEXIVITY AND INNOVATION: CONFLICTING COUNTERPARTS?
October 10, 2013 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Volume 0, Issue 0, Ahead of Print.
The paper discusses the relationship between learning, innovation and (institutional) reflexivity. It is often held that reflexivity is a crucial factor for learning and innovation processes. However, a rather formalistic approach to reflexivity is predominant. We propose to overcome this limitation and to develop a more meaningful concept of reflexivity which “reflects” the contingent, relational, dynamic and complex character of organizational environments and reality. Based on this broadened understanding it appears that reflexivity is imminently a dialectic category and, under specific circumstances, it can also inhibit innovation. This is especially the case when reflexive tools are abused to push performance only. In order to illustrate our concept and hypotheses we added two case studies which highlight the conflicting counterparts of reflexivity and innovation and pointed us to important cultural “success factors”.
- Economic Order Quantity Model with Innovation Diffusion Criterion under Influence of Price-Dependent Potential Market Size
- Integrating Technology, Management and Marketing Innovation through Open Innovation Models
- RESOURCE CRITICALITY ASSESSMENT IN FUTURE ICT SCENARIOS
- Open Innovation and Business Model: A Brazilian Company Case Study
- How Formalization Hinders Different Firm Innovativeness Types: Opening the Black Box with Evidence from a Service Industry
- Application Path for Promoting Technology Commercialization
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017