Energy-efficient routing for wireless sensor network using genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimisation techniques
September 29, 2013 Editor 0
There are several techniques for routing in wireless sensor network (WSN). Using minimum transmission energy model and minimum hop routing model techniques it may happen that the same path is used for more times and nodes on this route are drained of energy. This leads to network partition and thus, reduction in network lifetime which makes the routing algorithm unsuccessful and ineffective. Energy conservation in the WSN is of paramount importance. In this paper, we present energy-efficient routing techniques for two-tiered WSN using Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimisation and A-Star algorithm based approach to enhance lifetime of the network. Result analysis shows that A-star algorithm based approach extends lifetime of sensor network comparatively more. But after network lifetime is over, PSO and GA based approach preserves more stronger nodes which signifies that selection/rotation of cluster head strategy can improve performance of network.
Go to Source
- Mobile Phone Middleware Architecture for Energy and Context Awareness in Location-Based Services.
- Design and implementation of a smart networking control system for LED lighting based on CAN
- On the short period production planning in industrial plants: a real case study
- The Age of Social Products
- Scenario planning for innovation development: an overview of different innovation domains
- Software product innovation in agile usability teams: an analytical framework of social capital, network governance, and usability knowledge management
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017