Call For Expression Of Interest In The Agri Hack Championship Rwanda
September 24, 2013 Editor 0
There is a call for expressions of interest in the Agri – Hack Championship from 4th to 8th November in Rwanda.
The Technical Center for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) Rwanda, are organizing an international conference on ICT for Agriculture (ICT4Ag) in Kigali. The ICT4Ag conference will promote the application of ICTs in the Agricultural sector with particular emphasis on value chains, advocacy and policy development as posted on their website.
There is going to be a regional hackathon on ICT4Ag solution as one of the activities that will run during the conference. This is a pilot experience and focuses only on East African hackers. All private and public sector who run innovation, entrepreneurship hubs/ communities in this region can express interest in being partners nominating and supporting teams to the finals of the regional competition.
Hive Colab and Outbox are some of the private partners who were selected to run a national selection event in Uganda to choose two teams to represent at the Hackathon. These are now inviting and welcoming you to nominate a team or product or even self nominate to participate in the upcoming CTA ICT4Ag National selection event to take place at Outbox on the 30th September starting at 5:00 PM.
The Objectives of the Agri-hack Championship are to; showcase the potentials of ICT applications in Agriculture at the ICT4Ag conference and support the development of ICT innovations and entrepreneurship in Agriculture.
To be a part of the National selection event, you can nominate your own team or another team that is developing an ICT app in Agriculture. The Agri- Hack Championship seeks to address the following challenges;
Challenge 1: How can bi-directional information sharing and communication between farmers and extension workers be encouraged or improved? Key areas of interest include information sharing and advisory on soil fertility, fertilizers, weather information, pests, diseases, access to localized farming inputs, multimedia content and ability to verify counterfeit products.
Challenge 2: Through ICT applications, how can access to financial services be made easier for farmers through a disruptive, innovative tool?
Below is the submission form posted by Patricia Kahill on scribd which you can download and fill in then send to Richard Zulu of Outbox at email@example.com, Brian Ndyaguma of Hive Colab firstname.lastname@example.org and Daniel Stern email@example.com
Shortlisted products, teams will be invited to give a pitch of their product at the National Selection Contest to be hosted by Outbox on the evening of Monday 30th September.Editor’s Note: The deadline for submission of interest is 25th September 2013.
The post Call For Expression Of Interest In The Agri Hack Championship Rwanda appeared first on TechPost.
- Get involved in the Agri-Hack Championship!
- Rwanda: Agriculture ICT Competition Underway
- Livestock and Fish research contributes to Livestock Development Strategy for Africa
- Your Chance to Help Out at TechCamp Nairobi with US State Department
- African Digital Woman of the Year Award: Call for nominations
- Every Single Presentation from CRS’ 5th ICT4D Conference Now Available Online
Subscribe to our stories
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level? November 20, 2017
- Chocolate innovation: Sweet tooth hackers solve cocoa farmers’ challenges November 20, 2017
- A new generation of CEOs: Running a business in West Africa as a woman November 20, 2017
- Is crowdfunding the silver bullet to expanding innovation in the developing world? November 20, 2017
- Towards building an Entrepreneurship Ecosystem- Global Entrepreneurship Week and Freetown Pitch Night-The Role and Significance of the Freetown Pitch Night November 20, 2017