Wanted: Innovative Sustainable Business Models
September 17, 2013 Editor 0
The Guardian website noted that the promise of business-model innovation has long captivated the sustainability field, generating plenty of hype. But all the talk has yet to yield many real business-model changes. You might not know it to hear companies talk. Any business change can end up being classified as “business model innovation”, but the majority of innovations we see involve changes in companies’ processes and/or products, not underlying business models. There is an urgent need for fundamentally different approaches to creating, delivering and capturing value. Here are a few important reasons to focus on true business-model innovation.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Organisational resilience: building business value in a changing world August 2, 2017
- Stakeholder involvement, knowledge, and gender norms key for effective rainwater management August 1, 2017
- The absorptive capacity as a key success factor in international strategic alliances: a study of Tunisian firms July 29, 2017
- A social affair: identifying motivation of social entrepreneurs July 29, 2017
- How Africa RISING interventions affecting production diversity and dietary quality July 28, 2017